Monday, February 6, 2012

Daily INDULGENCE in color

The Challenge:  20 DAYS of COLOR....20 days, 20 small studies.


The Rational:  
There are plenty of gray days in the heart of Wisconsin's winter.  With my last skyscape painting, I added a few new colors in palette, and loved it!  To stretch myself, I've decided to experiment with color.  Each of these small studies is like candy to to me.  I've simplified my landscape compositions to indulge in my obsession with color.  I draw color combinations from various places and things in my immediate surroundings. 






WEEK 1:
Day 7- "QUIET SCREAM" 6x6, oil on cradled canvas board

Day 6- "RING OF FIRE"- 6x6 in, oil on cradled canvasboard
Day 5- "ON THE MAPS ITS A RED DOT", 6x6 in, oil on canvas board

Day 4- "RYAN SAYS GREEN/TAN" 6x6 in, oil on canvas board



Day 2- "SOMETHING is SURFACING", 5 x7, oil on hardboard
Day 2- "SEEING RED." 5 x7 in, oil on hardboard


Day 1- "TURQUOISE and RED", 5 x 7, oil on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment